Shared ownership

The application process

The application process is simple, it will set you on course to reserve your new home.

You will need to complete an application form available on our website, which can be accessed by clicking here

Everyone who applies must go through an eligibility and financial assessment for Shared Ownership. 

You will also be required to register with the HomeBuy agent for your area, online registration at:, who will confirm your eligiblity to purchase under the shared onwership scheme.

Torc 24 and Evolve are regulated by Financial Conduct Authority and are specialist shared ownership mortgage brokers, independant from Yarlington. They will advise you of the maximum purchase price you can aim for and give you an idea of the costs. You are under no obligation to take a recommended product from them.   

To contact Torc 24 and complete your affordability assessment please click here
To contact Evolve and complete your affordability assessment please click here


You will need the below documentation available to complete the assessment:

  • Credit report – use (free), Experian or Equifax
  • In date passport or photocard driving licence – if you are in the UK on a visa we need a copy, if you do not have permanent right to reside please let us know as this can affect your application
  • Last 3 months payslips and latest P60
  • If you’re self-employed: last 3 years SA302/Tax Calculations plus 3 years Tax Year Overviews – can be downloaded from HMRC online
  • Last 3 months bank statements from all accounts held – must show your name and address
  • Latest Council Tax Bill – if you live with parents or friends and aren’t named on it, just let TMP know
  • Proof of deposit – full deposit proof, if the deposit is coming from a gift just let us know
  • Proof of address to cover the last 3 years – Utility bills/bank statements, any problems, just let TMP know
  • Proof of financial commitments – e.g. Loans, latest credit card statement etc
  • Proof of benefits if received – e.g. Tax Credits, Child Benefit etc
  • Evidence of Maintenance payments – either if you are paying or receiving them
  • If you’re pregnant: MATB1 form stamped by your doctor

Please note that to qualify to purchase a new build home, you will often but not always, need to have a local connection to the area in which you want to buy. Sometimes this requirement can be strictly imposed by a planning condition. In other cases, you may either just have to live or work in the same district as the property. Whatever the situation, this information will be contained within our marketing brochure and our sales team will provide you with any further details you may require.

Since the revisions to the eligibility criteria for Shared Ownership in January 2016, the only applications which take priority above others are those from members of the British Armed Forces, unless conditions within the planning consent apply e.g. highest priority given to local people living within the community where the homes have been constructed. Should any such special conditions apply, we will make them clear to you when you apply.

Applications from non-Armed Forces personnel and where no local connection or planning conditions apply, will be dealt with on a ‘first come, first served basis’.   This means that we will prioritise completed applications in the order in which we receive them.  We define a completed application as one which has been approved by the independent mortgage broker and which has all its supporting information supplied. 

For Shared Ownership Customer Charter, click on the link
Contact our sales team on 0800 145 6663