The application process
The application process is simple, it will set you on course to reserve your new home.
You will be asked to supply us with the following documentation from all named applicants:
- Completed application form available on our website here
- Registration with the HomeBuy agent for this area, online registration at: www.helptobuysw.org.uk or www.helptobuysouth.co.uk
- Mortgage agreement in principle with the key facts document
- Three months’ bank statements for all accounts
- Three months’ pay slips
- Details of any additional income (if applicable)
- Evidence of savings sufficient to cover lender deposit or share being purchased plus an additional £2,500 to cover your legal fees and moving costs
- Evidence of any outstanding loans including credit cards
- Photographic proof of ID
- Credit referencing report for each applicant
Please note that to qualify to purchase a new build home, you will often but not always, need to have a local connection to the area in which you want to buy. Sometimes this requirement can be strictly imposed by a planning condition. In other cases, you may either just have to live or work in the same district as the property. Whatever the situation, this information will be contained within our marketing brochure and our sales team will provide you with any further details you may require.
Since the revisions to the eligibility criteria for Shared Ownership in January 2016, the only applications which take priority above others are those from members of the British Armed Forces, unless conditions within the planning consent apply e.g. highest priority given to local people living within the community where the homes have been constructed. Should any such special conditions apply, we will make them clear to you when you apply.
Applications from non-Armed Forces personnel and where no local connection or planning conditions apply, will be dealt with on a ‘first come, first served basis’. This means that we will prioritise completed applications in the order in which we receive them. We define a completed application as one which has been approved by the independent mortgage broker and which has all its supporting information supplied.
For Shared Ownership Customer Charter, click on the link